This project is read-only.

Installation folder

Sep 3, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2008 at 12:04 PM
Hi,

It is possible for the managed filter assemblies and configuration file to be located in a different folder instead of %SYSTEMROOT%\Filter.NET\[version]\bin. Folders under the system root are restricted on our clients live web server and there is a longwinded process involved in getting files uploaded to such folders.

I guess the way to do this would be to install the filter.net framework to a different folder. My assemblies can then be uploaded to the bin subfolder. Will this work? How would I go about installing this manually?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
Sep 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Hi Dave,

Having Filter.NET in another folder should be straightforward. The installation was originally thought on %SYSTEMROOT% because Filter.NET affects the whole IIS (when installed at global scope) and as such it was thought in a similar way to .NET.

To setup Filter.NET in another folder follow these steps:
* Make sure the ISAPI Filter registration has not been done in IIS. If Filter.NET is already registered, then unregister it by running "filter_regiis.exe -u"
* Get the original files (below %SYSTEMROOT%\Filter.NET\[version]) and move them to a folder of your choosing.
* Run "filter_regiis.exe" with the options that suit your environment (global scope or site scope)

Let me know how it goes.

Tiago Halm